Thursday, April 15, 2010

I've had an epiphany!

So, as I've already noted, I'm want to have a natural child birth with Mr. E, but I'm slightly terrified. I've been concentrating in my yoga class on my breathing as a relaxation technique and thinking about what music to put on the Birthday playlist. I've been listening to the various types of music on my iPhone and making mental note of which songs are soothing and relaxing. Last night, I was leaving yoga at my local gym (which means walking through the main part of the gym) and what was playing on the overhead speakers? 'Push It' by Salt-N-Pepper. If you don't know this song, you possibly grew up in the wrong decade. I immediately went home to tell Micha. 'Honey,' I said 'I've had an epiphany!' I told him that I wanted 'Push It' by Salt-N-Pepper to be the first song on my playlist for the big day. I told him it would be motivational. I think it might have been the first conversation we've had about the Birthday that he didn't look like he might be ill or about to have a nervous breakdown. He actually laughed! We both have such inappropriate senses of humor and why should we change just because we're in a hospital?!

1 comment:

I am inviting readers to offer support and advice. Comments by readers that are vulgar, irrelavant or just plain mean will not be posted. Thanks for reading.