Wednesday, April 14, 2010

14 Weeks

The baby is the size of a navel orange this week, according to the book I'm reading (also an iPhone app. I <3 my phone!) and apparently has aversion to Italian food. Perhaps it was the one episode of Jersey Shore I watched when I had a weak moment and let my curiousity get the better of me. The baby does however love dairy products, particularly cheese. This week has been far less exciting than last week, thank God. I'm trying to get my Spring cleaning done. It's so funny because absolutely everyone attributes it to 'nesting'. Um, no. This has nothing to do with pregnancy or 'nesting'. This is simply because I'm neurotic. Micha can vouch for that. I Spring clean every year. As soon as the weather is nice enough, I like to throw the windows open (after a good wash) and clean top to bottom. Let everything air out and go though everything, get rid of the junk I don't need. Admittedly this year, I have a little extra motivation. The people who lived in the house before us were disgusting. The tub drains were clogged with pet hair, a twig and dental floss. The carpet was filthy. Even the walls have all kinds of 'stuff' on them. Obviously, I don't want to be bringing a newborn home to a funky house nor do I want to be 8 mo. pregnant and trying to scrub-a-dub in the hottest part of the summer. So, there you have it. It's not hormonal, it's logical. And when I'm done, I'm planning to treat myself to a much needed pedicure.

I'm totally amazed that at only 14 weeks and just the size of an orange, the baby already has all its parts and pieces. Imagine that, all your parts squeezed down to the size of an orange. Think how tiny something like a finger nail would have to be for everything to fit! It also amazes me that all the parts are starting to work and the baby is making faces and waving and peeing (which was a difficult concept for Micha 'So the baby's just hanging out in there peeing on himself? lol) I can't wait until I can feel Mr. E moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am inviting readers to offer support and advice. Comments by readers that are vulgar, irrelavant or just plain mean will not be posted. Thanks for reading.