Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My name is Sparkie and I am a veggiholic or Week 17

I literally ate a pound of vegetables for lunch yesterday. Not as impressive if your talking about a cucumber or squash but I'm talking about a salad. No shit. There's a market down the street from where I work and they have a big salad bar. You buy it by the pound. I usually get a salad, some cottage cheese and some fruit and it usually weighs under a pound. Yesterday, I went straight vegetable. It was like a mountain of veggies. I couldn't get the lid on. It came out to be like 1.3 lbs and as soon as I got to the park where I like to eat I was like a kid at fat camp that had just received a pan of brownies in the mail. The guy in the car next to me had a horrified look on his face as he watched me shovel mouthfuls of broccoli and lettuce and carrots in my mouth.


I have developed a weird, deep affection for vegetables. When I'm in the produce section at the store I see vegetable that I don't even know what they are and think "That looks delicious. I wonder if I can just eat it, like an apple."

Fortunately my binge veg out clarified that the brumblings I've been feeling are actually the baby moving and not gas (it's kind of hard to tell). Either Mr. E loves veggies or he hates them. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I had another Dr visit. I'm up to 134 lbs which means I've gained about 8 lbs altogether. Only 5 oz of that is actual 'baby weight'. Next month I'm scheduled for my sonogram. This is the big one in which we (hopefully) will find out if we are having a boy or a girl or, as my friend M pointed out, a sea horse.

This year my birthday is on Mother's Day. I got one of my presents from Micha early, Pearl Jam tickets! Mr. E got to attend his first concert and even picked up a souvenir!

Micha is the king of yard sale baby gear finds. He got a jogger stroller and infant seat with 2 bases for $30! Way to go, Baby Daddy!

3 comments:

  1. If Mr. E like veggies you may have a perfect child on your hands! Watch out Mumbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm betting I'll have two perfect children! Besides, you've seen Mumbles eat, she doesn't turn her nose up at anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the same for mine! I am about 4-5 weeks ahead of you I've figured out from your other posts. However since around week 7--I've craved veggies! I go through huge fresh veggies cravings...argh I've actually found myself licking the plastic container that fast food salads come in!

    I also went through a period of hating meat lol. We'll see if that translates over to a baby who loves fresh heahlthy food--I really hope so too!!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I am inviting readers to offer support and advice. Comments by readers that are vulgar, irrelavant or just plain mean will not be posted. Thanks for reading.